Best Foundation for Large Pores
|Image||Name||Top Choices||Latest Pricing|
|1. Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Multi-Use Concealer|
|2. NYX - HD Studio Photogenic Concealer|
|3. Revlon - ColorStay Full Coverage Concealer|
|4. bareMinerals - Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer||Amazon|
|5. Neutrogena - Healthy Skin 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes||Amazon|
Enlarged pores don’t typically cause any harm, but they could be a great source of frustration to people who aspire for flawless-looking skin. When your pores are large, even the most expensive makeup might not help you get the smoothness you hope to achieve. But, equipped with the foundation for freckles, foundation for mature skin and foundation that is specifically suited for your skin condition, you should be able to cover up your large pores and face the world with skin that looks not only unblemished but radiant as well.
Top 5 Foundations for Large Pores
Finding a good foundation that will cover up instead of sink into your enlarged pores is definitely a challenge. Thankfully, thousands of others like you have already shared their favorite foundations, so you don’t need to spend too much on finding one that works for you. Here are the 5 best foundations for large pores based on performance as well as value for money:
1) Maybelline – Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation
The Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation by Maybelline is possibly the world’s most popular and best-selling foundation, most notably for people with large pores and oily skin. What makes it so loved is that it comes in 40 shades, which guarantees that you’ll find the perfect match. Plus, it is remarkably lightweight but offers beautiful medium coverage that you can build up to full with just a few layers. No matter your skin’s texture, it allows you to achieve a natural finish while blurring out your pores. It also contains micro-powders, which don’t just mattify but also help control shine throughout the day.
2) Revlon – Colorstay Foundation
The Colorstay Foundation by Revlon is a favorite among makeup enthusiasts not merely because of its value for money but also for its impressive line of 43 shades. It is a buildable liquid foundation that allows for medium-to-full coverage with a natural-looking matte finish. It boasts an oil-free formulation that makes it best suited for combination or oily skin, which is often the case for people with enlarged pores. It also contains salicylic acid, which improves the appearance of pores over time. Additionally, this long-wearing foundation promises to last for up to 24 hours and will protect your skin from sun damage because it is enhanced with SPF 15.
3) CoverGirl + Olay – Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation
The Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation is a collaboration between CoverGirl and Olay in their quest to provide the perfect foundation with nourishing properties. Although it is targeted towards people with more mature skin, it works incredibly well for just about anybody. It comes in 12 shades that offer medium-to-full coverage. What sets this foundation apart is that it doesn’t only instantly cover up blemishes and enlarged pores but also improves their appearance over time. It does so through a unique formulation containing hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. Combined, these anti-aging ingredients boost hydration and improve skin tone. So, the more frequently you use it, the sooner you can enjoy smoother and younger-looking skin.
4) L’Oreal – Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
The Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation by L’Oreal is perfect if you have combination or oily skin, and most especially if you have visible pores. For those with normal or dry skin, L’Oreal offers a more appropriate Pro-Glow variant. The Pro-Matte Foundation comes in 22 different shades, all of which provide medium coverage. Although the texture of the makeup itself is air-light, it is remarkably long-wearing and could last up to 24 hours. This oil-free and creamy foundation blends easily and resists melting caused by humidity, heat, and sweat. With the aid of a proper makeup brush, it hides imperfections with a beautiful matte finish that never looks flat.
5) Milani – Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation
The Conceal and Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation by Milani Cosmetics combines the cover-up ability of concealers with the tone-perfecting function of foundations. So, apart from blurring out enlarged pores and fine lines, it can also be used to brighten up dark circles and redness around your entire face. It comes in 45 different shades, allowing you to find your perfect match no matter your shade or undertone. Plus, all of which are water-resistant and so stays on all day even if you sweat. Unlike other water-resistant makeup, this foundation is oil-free and remarkably lightweight. Even so, it provides buildable medium to full coverage with a beautiful, satiny matte finish that looks completely natural.
Tips for Using Foundation on Large Pores
It doesn’t just take the best foundation to cover up large pores. In fact, how you apply it and take care of your skin can make all the difference. To achieve the smoothness you desire, follow these tips for using the foundation that works best for you:
- Apply on clean skin. Always wash your face before applying foundation. Otherwise, you risk enlarging your pores even further. Plus, doing this will allow your makeup to stay on for longer.
- Use a brush. Instead of using a cosmetic sponge, use a foundation brush that will cover even the tiniest blemish. The best brush for large pores tends to be those that have an angled or tapered tip.
- Dot and buff. Apply small amounts of foundation around your face and use your brush to even it out. That allows you to use less product and achieve a more natural look.
- Try a makeup primer. Using a primer will help smoothen your skin’s texture so that you won’t have to pile on the foundation. Make sure the primer has set completely before applying your foundation.
- Always remove your makeup. Never go to bed without removing your makeup completely. Sleeping with makeup on clogs up your pores and makes them appear even larger.
- Exfoliate often. Exfoliating is one of the best ways to improve the appearance of your pores. Doing this regularly will remove deep-seated dirt and sebum, making your look smaller and your skin smoother.
Covering up enlarged pores can be frustrating, especially for the average person who doesn’t have the same makeup chops as a pro. But thankfully, when you’ve found the best foundation for large pores, all you need is a little bit of skill in applying it so that you can have smooth and flawless yet natural-looking skin.