Best Under-Eye Concealer for Dry Skin
|Image||Name||Top Choices||Latest Pricing|
|1. Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Multi-Use Concealer|
|2. NYX - HD Studio Photogenic Concealer|
|3. Revlon - ColorStay Full Coverage Concealer|
|4. bareMinerals - Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer||Amazon|
|5. Neutrogena - Healthy Skin 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes||Amazon|
For most people with dry skin, it’s always a challenge to find makeup that doesn’t become patchy or flaky. The quest to find the perfect under-eye concealer can be even more frustrating. When you have both dry skin and under-eye imperfections like dark circles, eye bags, or puffiness, you need to know exactly what to look for in a concealer, or you risk wasting your money on products that could leave you looking like a mess.
Thankfully, thousands of others with the same makeup concerns as you have tried and vetted practically all available concealers. Through their reviews and recommendations, it’s easy to determine which work best in covering under-eye imperfections while providing the ideal texture for dry skin.
Top 5 Under-Eye Concealers for Dry Skin
Choose from the best under-eye concealers for dry skin, so you don’t need to waste your money on an endless trial-and-error cycle.
1) Maybelline – Instant Age Rewind Eraser Multi-Use Concealer
The Instant Age Rewind Eraser by Maybelline can be used to hide blemishes all over the face but performs best as an under-eye concealer. Not only is it able to conceal redness and puffiness but also dark circles in purple and blue hues. What’s more is that it is formulated with Haloxyl, which treats the area under the eyes to minimize signs of aging. So, it doesn’t only instantly cover up blemishes but also improves their appearance over time. Plus, all 16 shades come with a built-in applicator, which makes it incredibly convenient to use, whether at home or when you’re on the go.
2) NYX – HD Studio Photogenic Concealer
The HD Studio Photogenic Concealer by NYX comes in 20 different shades plus an additional 3 color-correcting variants, all of which are vegan and cruelty-free. What makes it perfect for dry skin is its emollient-rich formula, which is incredibly hydrating. So, not only does it help make the area under the eyes look flawless but also makes it stay that way all day. Its texture won’t ever make your concealer look too obvious and especially won’t cake up. It is lightweight but buildable for extra coverage. Plus, it comes with a wand applicator, which makes it easy to apply under the eyes.
3) Revlon – ColorStay Full Coverage Concealer
The ColorStay Full Coverage Concealer by Revlon comes in 18 different shades, each of which provides incredibly rich color. It boasts a remarkably creamy formula that conceals without making dry skin look even dryer. Instead, you get full coverage that looks natural to your skin and easily blends with your foundation. According to Revlon, it is formulated using a unique time-release formula that allows it to provide the perfect texture and consistent coverage throughout the day. Plus, it comes with a soft doe-foot applicator wand that allows you to gently dab on the product and build up to your desired coverage.
4) bareMinerals – Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
The Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer by bareMinerals is one of the best concealers to use under the eyes, especially when you have dry, sensitive skin. That’s because it was developed without any harsh ingredients like parabens, gluten, talc, SLS, PEG, and artificial fragrances. It is also a completely vegan product that contains lilac plant stem cells, which are antioxidants that help skin look brighter. It is especially useful for dark circles because it boasts mineral-coated optical pigments that make it possible to look flawless yet natural. Although it comes in only 6 shades, the entire line is richly pigmented and easy to match with light to deep-colored skin.
5) Neutrogena – Healthy Skin 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes
The Healthy Skin 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes by Neutrogena comes in only 4 shades and lacks options for people with deep-colored skin. But, for those who find a good color match, it’s an excellent concealer that works even on dry skin. What sets it apart from others is that it doesn’t just provide full yet natural-looking coverage, but it also contains nourishing ingredients that allow it to double as a hydrating eye cream. That, as well as its squeeze tube format, also makes it blendable and easy to apply. Plus, it contains titanium dioxide, which provides the delicate area under the eyes with broad-spectrum SPF 20 sun protection.
Tips for Using Under-Eye Concealer on Dry Skin
Finding a good concealer to use under your eyes is a crucial step to covering up your imperfections. But, you also need to know the best way to apply it in order to make the most out of it:
- Prep before you start. A good skincare routine before applying makeup is essential for everyone, but most especially for people with dry skin. Apart from cleansing and toning, make sure you use ample moisturizer and eye cream.
- Try a color corrector. Depending on what you’re trying to cover up, you might want to try using a color corrector under your concealer. By canceling out the blue or purple hues in your dark circles, you can use less concealer, which will minimize the risk for dry patches.
- Apply a primer. When the area under the eye is consistently dry, the texture is rarely smooth. It’ll be prone to wrinkles, fine lines, and tiny bumps. By using a primer, you can smoothen out the area before applying your concealer, making it easier to achieve a flawless finish.
- Finish with a hydrating toner. Rather than a finishing spray, mist your face with a hydrating toner when you’re done applying makeup over your entire face. That keeps the makeup in place and helps you avoid flaking over the course of the day.
Having dry skin makes applying makeup harder. The area around the eye is especially challenging because, if you don’t get it right, you might end up with unsightly dry patches or noticeable flaking. Dry skin also makes you prone to fine lines, which makes concealing all the more difficult. But, once you find the best under-eye concealer for dry skin, you’ll be able to cover up dark circles, puffiness, and eye bags perfectly.